Monday, May 17, 2010

Alice in Wonderland


I took my daughter to cinema yesterday to watch this masterful creation and we were truly thrilled by it! Needless to say the book was one of my favourites as a little girl!


Mr.Burton virtuously transported us into Wonderland. I admire his imagination! The world he created was an ethereal one, with a magnificent palette of colours for the background and a wonderful set of characters.


But the thing I was most impressed were the costumes. Now, I wouldn't be worthy calling myself an aspiring seamstress if I don't mention the brilliance of the costume designer Colleen Atwood. I read somewhere that due to her masterful mind the film is referred to as Alice in Fashionland. And Fashionland it was. The array of dresses Alice wore were extraordinary! I was transfixed by the designs and the fabrics! Too bad I couldn't find a good source on the Internet to show here some of them.

Source
My favourite character. Johny Depp had yet another brilliant performance and the Mad Hatter was the right role for him. I loved the way he fell into Scottish gibberish!
As for the other characters I would restrain from commenting my thoughts but have to share some of Eva's observations. She thought it is sad for the Red Queen to be so evil because she would have no friends (clever girl). Next, she wanted to know why the White Queen has such posture and why does she keep her arms as if a ballerina? And she wondered why she has black eyebrows contrasting her blond (white) hair. I guess we can never get hold of Burton's imagination! He would always be ahead of us!

3 comments:

godessunseen101 said...

I love Alice in Wonderland,
I was named after her and this movie was brilliant !
<3
http://vintagepoppa.blogspot.com

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, how interesting!

Anonymous said...

omigod i love the movie! but... the costumes were better. haha

i really like your blog and i am a new follower!!

check out my GIVEAWAY! at: http://fashionandpoise.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway.html

<3
Claudia k!