Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How to check the insulation of windings



You are looking at my new blouse.
I had this small piece of jersey just enough for a blouse so I chose a pretty simplistic Burda pattern to make it. I like the big flounce / ruffle at the centre and I believed that with this super soft jersey it's going to fall down as waterfall. But, it didn't prove my expectations.

However, I think it's going to be exploited a lot.



You may wonder what has the title got to do with this post.
It has nothing to do with the post. As of yesterday I am being stuck with translating how to check insulation of windings. It's showing my protest of being held away from my sewing machine.
Tomorrow we start school. So I wanted to make something pretty (do you see how 'pretty' gets to be the most used adjective of the post and with different meanings- mind you!) for myself and actually bought two gorgeous pieces of fabric. But now I can't and that's why I am bitter.

Be well, I am off to tackle some mechanical engineering.

10 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I LOVE THIS!!! The colour, the way it drapes. It's gorgeous. It's a perfect carryover piece for cooler weather it can be worn with a jacket. Well done. Happy first day of school!

Ophelia.K said...

Wooo I have had almost same plan to sew a dress with ruffles like this with a light jersey fabric.
But maybe the soft jersey isn't good for ruffles?
Anyway, the fabric color is perfect on you.
I hope your first day of work will be joyful!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you ladies!!

Papgena Made It said...

insulation of windings doesn't seem fun, indeed! But the blouse however is gorgeous!!! the way it drapes...did you made a matching wristlet? (second picture)

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, I did! I made a wristlet and there are scraps for yet something else. This was the fabric I used for the carnation tutorial, you know :)

ByNightCreations said...

I love how it turned out. I made a blouse using the same patterns last fall and a dress 3 days ago (no kidding! But I still need to take pictures of it) and neither of them turned out that weel. I think it was a brilliant idea to use jersey for it. And that cherryjuice color is just beautiful

Clara in Paradise said...

Did you use a serger? This is lovely. I have a lot of jersey that I haven't used in a while. Perhaps I should do something about it.

BTW, the color is perfect for this blouse.

Maya Kuzman said...

Clara, I didn't use a serger. Where necessary I used a zig-zag stitch or the smallest stitch. For the flounce I just stretched the jersey to prevent fraying - luckily this type of jersey doesn't fray - it just makes runs in the fabric (which is worse - but I don't have any of that on my blouse).

Valerie said...

how pretty !!!
the color is very elegant & the blouse suits you +++

Leisel said...

So classic and elegant! Love it.

Thanks for linking!

Leisel