Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to Spiderdom

Yesterday I cursed the wo(man) who invented housework! I did my best to employ quite a motley vocabulary, just so you know, but don't worry - the kids were not at home!

activoinc.com

After being away for almost two months the house was invaded. By spiders and their knitting, mind you. I cannot tell you about the spider webs. They were all over the place (all credits go to the linden trees in the yard). And there were also some excellent specimens showing off, I tell you. So the place really needed airing, dusting, vacuuming and cleaning.All that just before the avalanche of heat waves. I swear - if there was sand on the streets someone would have mistaken him/herself being in Sahara.


Own archive. Sahara 2009

But housework has been done and knitting has been resumed. Granny squares are coming all right and I have already made some sewing plans (grinning) having treated myself with three past copies of Burda magazines I've missed.

Until my next endeavor...

4 comments:

Papgena Made It said...

You know I have a lot of consideration for spider webs (I think they are really beautiful) BUT I don't like spiders!
It's stronger than me!!!
:P

Ophelia.K said...

Welcome back home:)
Spiders had been on vacation in your home huh?
I am glad that you are now at home and have everything, so you can do any projects you want to!
Looking forward to seeing the granny square project. I wanna start one as well;)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ophelia!
Yes, life resumes, projects continue!
The graany squares aspiry to become a scarf. I am determined to get it finished soon. Will show it here for certain... no doubt 'bout that :)

Ravenhill said...

welcome back, and sorry the spiders were so busy while you were gone! I look forward to seeing the granny squares you are working on.
Happy week to you!
hugs from emily