Thursday, October 14, 2010

My new dress



Well, here is the dress I made last week.
Unfortunately I don't have many pictures to share as I was hoping I would. My dear family (husband and daughter) made about twenty pictures out of which I was able to use (n)one, mhh, sorry family. (Should have brought the tripod!)



This dress was inspired by all those Japanese dresses I drool at, but I didn't use any existing pattern for it. Instead I drafted the pattern myself. I love how it turned out especially the ruffled collar and the lacey belt.

11 comments:

ByNightCreations said...

Wow! I am impressed! You can make such a beautiful dress without any pattern? wow!
It really is pretty!

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh Nat, you are so kind! Thank you!
You should have seen the mistakes I had made in the past -even manage to make some now-while trying to sew with no patterns!! It took me years of practice, nerves shattering, seams reaping, frustration and a tear here and there to come to this stage ;)
(And I am still learning...)

Ophelia.K said...

I am so happy to see your new dress! It is fabulous!
The ruffles are so sweet;)

Papgena Made It said...

it's gorgeous!!!! the lace detail is precious, especially the way you mix it with ruffles in the collar!!
and no pattern??!! YOU ARE GOOD!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Much obliged Ophelia and Papgena! Thank you for the lovely comments!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

It's absolutely stunning Maya. The wait for the reveal was worth it.

Clara in Paradise said...

Lovely, lovely. Very feminine. I am also impressed at your no-pattern sewing skills.

I love that color too. Is it blue, or gray-blue?

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Clara for the encouragement!
It is blue(ish) but there is white thread interwoven with the blue one and thus it gives the impression of being bluish-grayish.

Clara in Paradise said...

Oh, and now you know why I always use Bertha to photography my clothes.

AllieMakes! said...

Very Sweet!
You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie party!
Alliemakes.Blogspot.com

Leisel said...

Oooo! So pretty. Thanks for adding it to Wardrobe Wednesday!

Leisel
Brown Paper Packages