Monday, November 15, 2010

Granny square scarf



I haven't yet showed the scarf I started long ago. After indulging in so many projects I eventually set on joining the little granny squares and completed it.

Now let me tell you something about the "scarves wearing preferences" of this blog owner. She ordinarily likes long, knitted winter scarves preferably with chunky wool which she can wrap around two or three times around her neck and the ends would still hang, and she might consider wearing much, much shorter ones - French style, that is tied closed to the neck (I am sure you get the picture)- only if they are silken.



This was neither. She'll wear it closed with a pin.

12 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

GORGEOUS MAYA!!! I love Granny Squares. Since childhoood pink and grey have been one of my most favourite colour combinations.

ByNightCreations said...

love love it!
although I also prefer warm and looog scarfs for myself!
I hope you're well. Is is cold there already?

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you KJ and Nat!
The weather here is heading towards spring - not winter- today it's 20 degrees. All credits go to the global warming!

Anonymous said...

I really like your colour combination - beautiful!

Papgena Made It said...

The scarf is beautiful! The color combination is just perfect!
I think you will wear it a lot!! ;)

Eve said...

I am generally not a fan of granny square anything. But, WOW this one is really, really beautiful.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

P.S. did you see this post

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/crocheted-afghans-granny-chic-132301

Maya Kuzman said...

Thanks for the link KJ! Those are blankets to die for!

Clara in Paradise said...

Beautiful! The colors complement each other perfectly. I love scarfs, but there's no chance of using them here.

Ophelia.K said...

I really like your scarf! It's cute to use a pin for closure as well.
I am still crazy about sewing, and my crochet yarns are left behind:( I should use them before spring comes...

Cucicucicoo said...

it's just lovely! i'd love to try it, but i'm trying to keep myself for making or buying any more scarves...i have more than i can ever use during the whole winter season! :) lisa

Maya Kuzman said...

It's the same here Lisa,a ton of scarves on the shelves, but it seems that I can't restrain myself making more! :0