Monday, January 3, 2011

Fairies



Ever since I I first laid eyes on the Flower Fairies at the Magic Onions, my heart missed a bit, their spell caught me, their image haunted me and I knew I had to make them desperately.



This is a project that offers instant gratification. And it can be done in a matter of minutes (with the supplies ready that is).



We used these to decorate the Christmas tree, made others as toppers to gifts and also gave some as presents to children. The recipients (mostly children) are completely enchanted by them.



I don't think we are going to store them away with the other Christmas ornaments. No sir!
The kids want them in their room hung on the walls. And Eva expressed a wish to wear one on her school bag. How cute is that?

So, what do you say? Are you going to join the fairyhood?

3 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I love these precious fairies Maya! I love how you used them to top gifts, absolutely perfect.

Peace, love, and fairies, KJ

Papgena Made It said...

They are magical indeed, we look to them and want to smile!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your fairies are just too cute. I love your personal touch and enhancement to the original pattern. You have taken a cute pattern and given your fairies their own unique personality!