Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Push the boundaries of imagination or Bra pad necklace


You didn't believe the title?! Well it's true.

You are looking at my newest creation - The bra pad necklace a.k.a Steam punk galore. The latter sounds more refined but the essential material is a bit raw.

Many bras usually come with pads which if you don't use, can be fabulously repurposed. The filling inside is already covered and serged so these pads open a whole new field of alternative use.




For this project you need two (or three pads). As you see I got rid of the black one
.



Join both pads by sewing them together at the back. Next, let your imagination free and dive into your stash of beads, ribbons, sequins, buttons and such! Work on the design by combining the lot. I used my woolen beads, one of my carnations (I have a ton of those) a piece of tulle.
Take a metal chain, sew it behind and there you go!


Lovely isn't it?
But do come tomorrow.
I also made a bracelet (and/or a choker). Showing it tomorrow.

12 comments:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is so interesting. I never would have guessed. It's really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Creative! - Funny too - today I was just going through my lingere drawer and pulled out all these pads to throw out! It seems like such a waste! You have given me something to think about!!

Ophelia.K said...

You made me have a big smile:) It is lovely and funny! I love that!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

This is just as cool as the wire one! Great work.
Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutely amazing and a very great tip. I love the colour combination on this piece and the pompom flower.

Sarita said...

Very very cool! And the fact it's made out of bra pads just made it 10 times cooler! Your stuff is beautiful! I just stopped by from the Crazy Train!

AllieMakes! said...

I never would have guess those were bra pads! Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Hana - Marmota said...

Wow. Who would have thought?
It makes me think of fascinators, though.

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh Hana, I didn't think of that!!!
Fascinators you say, ...hm...! Sounds attractive!

Papgena Made It said...

that's a new orld to me Maya!
I have to 'destroy' some bras!
;)

Cher said...

you didn't mention how to make the lovely large flower? Very creative!

Maya Kuzman said...

Search for the fabric carnation tutorial in the search the blog field (right side bar-near the top). I recently reposted it.