Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sweet Carnations



Do you remember the carnation necklace I made few months back?
Well that thing got itself into the center of attention back then, and I still get compliments especially if I wear it with contrasting tops.



So, a while ago I decided to enhance the pattern a bit further.
I kept its original design, but I changed the ends of the tube and made the braided part thicker and longer. As for the flower part I put three flowers instead of one, so now the necklace has a more luxurious and ravishing appearance.
I like it so much I am planning to try the design with some other fabric.

11 comments:

Audrey said...

Beautiful Maya!!!!
Very creative and very feminine!

Audrey

Unknown said...

I love your necklace! Quite luxurious indeed, and I look forward to seeing it in other colours!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutel gorgeous Maya, and of course I remember the necklace.

PSS are you a coffee drinker?

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh my! KJ you blew my cover!! :)
Yes, I drink coffee and tea daily. The first one to stir my (brain) cells (not that I need help in that department) the second to make the day perfect (mint and cranberry tea at the top of the list- with no sugar).
Thank you on the lovely comment! I knew you would remember!

janul said...

I love it too! The perfect shade of pink... :) I´m so into pink these days.

Maya Kuzman said...

Glad to hear that Jana! Pink always makes me cheerful and brightens me up.
I am so in love with colors and shades and (must admit) have the eye for the hues. But I was having difficulty of actually naming this - so I asked Aunt Wiki(pedia) and it turned this is "lavender pink"!
Personally, of all the pinks my fave is the dusky rose.

Unknown said...

Wow, I just adore your new necklace! It's so pretty with that pink flower, love how you made that one! And that bra necklace of yours is total fun!! What a brilliant idea!! Have a great Sunday, Ira

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

That's make two of us! Can't function without out it!

Papgena Made It said...

very beautiful!
I'm curious how it will work with other colors!

PS - I'm a tea and coffee lover too! ;) and your cup is just beautiful too!

Sachiko said...

Very pretty! I love the shade of pink.

Sus said...

So ingenious -- it really looks like a carnation! Lovely!