Monday, April 18, 2011

Cutwork in colors



I cannot describe how much I love working the cutwork lately.
I have been experimenting with colors and fabric (various weights of cotton and linen) to see which one would give the best result.



I made this necklace for me. I love the burgundy red and this necklace would be a nice detail for the outfit I am making for Easter. The cutting was pretty challenging since the outer edges tend to show their tiny fibers which were trimmed to the limits and yet manage to peek out here and there.
Generally, I am satisfied with the work being accomplished and will show some new designs I've made so far.
Have a beautiful week!
M

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool!! :)

magdamagda said...

beautiful colour, you will definitely sparkle with this! And I like how you use the B&W pic for presentation!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh this is so beautiful. I like the colored cutwork far better than white and your presentation of this piece is so exciting!!

I can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Very detailed and beautiful Maya. You have the patience of a saint working these pieces. Amazing!

ByNightCreations said...

this is just breathtaking! I know I'd never have the patience to make this. I am really, really amazed. And that burgundy red is just gorgeous!

Gina said...

That's interesting about the fibers. I've always thought my limited expertise was behind fibers sticking out but I wonder if it has to do with the original fiber too? Even some things I satin-stitch with the machine have done that. So perhaps the thread chosen as well as the fiber all play a part.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

You are a true artist. I love that burgundy, it is one of my favourite colours. I can't wait to see your finished projects.

Papgena Made It said...

So beautiful!
and I love How you display it with black and white picture!! (I wonder what is the picture's story!!)

Unknown said...

Well Maya, you may call this experimenting, I'd like to call you an expert! Another fab job well done!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Papagena: it's from the Grimm brothers. It is called "Sweetheart Roland".

harmony and rosie said...

Maya, your work is stunning, and I love that colour.

Anonymous said...

Appreaciate for the work you have put into the post, it helps clear up some questions I had.

Anonymous said...

ohh thank u so much :) see u!!

creativejewishmom/Sara said...

oh this looks stunning! would love to see more! great to see you and thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! :)