Friday, November 4, 2011

In the woods - Our family trek



Our family trek last weekend was wonderful. The weather was just right and we happily set off.
We managed to make it quite exceptional and memorable for the children. We studied nature, revised lessons learned in Science (with Eva) and collected material for future Science projects.
We told "wood related"stories (Hansel and Grethel, Little Red Riding Hood) and my favourite part. Making up stories about elves. Whenever I see a big, old tree I immediately start describing the family of elves living deep down in the roots and elaborating the looks of their dwelling place. (Jacob loves that the most).
I took a ton of pictures mostly involving nature. Sharing just bits. I hope you enjoy them!

(This one reminded us of the Aiwa tree portrayed in the film "Avatar")



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Maya, delightful photos!

It's so nice that you share these stories and experiences with your children. This is what sweet memories are made of...

Unknown said...

Amazingly beautiful photos Maya! These surroundings are absolutely fantastic. And I agree with Michele, don't you just love being able to give your kids those precious memories? Awesome! Hugs, Ira

magdamagda said...

you make me miss my home forests! Splendid pics, I can smell the forest from them!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a great walk! Beautiful images. Sounds like a fun way to learn too. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

What a beautiful trek, I know we are kindred spirits because I take lots of photos of mushrooms too. It looks like the light dappling through was just perfect in that woodland.

Vanessa said...

Hi, Maya

These are lovely pictures. It looks so peaceful. Makes me want to stay there for hours. : )

Vanessa

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness! What beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.