Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In Memoriam


I was deeply shocked with the news of the premature departure of Kathreen of Whip up and her partner Rob. 

She was an amazing crafter and a genuine supporter of many artists. A leader in the craft community who loved helping and promoting others. That I will never forget.
I had the honor and pleasure to be a guest on her blog several times and enjoyed our correspondence across the world.This is my time to do something about their children.

Please consider making a contribution for the future of the children of Kathreen and Rob, their daughter Otilija and son Orlando, two gorgeous, sweet, gentle and brave kids who were  loved, cherished and adored by their parents. You can make a donation via PayPal using the email address: 

otilijaandorlandoshugg@gmail.com

 There are other ways to make contributions. For that please click here.

Thank you.

5 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I am heartbroken about their tragic and sudden passing. She was so kind, talented, and such a sharer - I discovered such a big crafting community through her newsletters. Thank you for posting about the fund.

Unknown said...

Oh, this story gives me the shivers... I don´t know this couple, but my heart goes out to their children...
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Papgena Made It said...

Oh my god! This is tragic, my heart and thoughts goes to these children and their relatives!

Unknown said...

Maya, I actually thought of you when I heard of Kathreen and Rob's sudden passing last week. I knew you'd done some posts on Whip Up (I had been a guest also). I was glad of the fund because it was a way I could help their beautiful children in my small way, from afar.

These sad events leave holes in our hearts even if we never meet these on-line friends... I'm sending you hugs from Canada... Take care, you.

Blytheponytailparades said...

Oh this is just awful. So sorry to hear of such a tragedy in the blogging community.