Sunday, January 26, 2014

Orange Arabesque Necklace

 

While preparing to go to Istanbul (I was already there in my mind) I couldn't shake off the oriental fever I found myself with and everything I created in the past two weeks reflects my thoughts and desires.

The crocheted lace that reminded me of the famous arabesques is the focal point of this necklace and I added some crocheted rings and beads off-center and of course this wouldn't be complete with the inevitable beads. 
 



Have a lovely week-end everyone!

6 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

love these colours together!!!!
xxxxx Ale

Sonaj said...

Lovely:) I like that colors and all together!

Linda said...

Good morning Maya I am hopping around my favourite blogs today to catch up with everyone.
I like that you have off centred this piece it simply adds to the charm of it. The colours really compliment one another too, a truly beautiful necklace and thank you for sharing with me today x

Anita said...

Hi Maya,
I love your beaded design and how creative to incorporate crochet and beading together as a jewellery project. That's pretty clever.
Cheers, Anita.

Unknown said...

Not only are the colours a perfect match, the shapes themselves are wonderful, too. Another fine piece you have created here Maya! Hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner

Papgena Made It said...

your daughter is lovelier every day and your works is improving even more.