Monday, August 31, 2015

How to read crochet charts: Bobble Stitch

  


Here's another chart I found for the "how to read crochet charts" series. It is for a bobble stitch pattern which is really interesting and although a bit tedious if you work on a big(ger) project, it gives the project an amazing texture. 

To make a block follow the instructions which say to chain a multiple of 2 (+1).

The chart shows a foundation chain made of 13 st +1 (14).
Row 1: starting from 2nd st from hook sc across. Ch 1 and turn work.
Row 2: Make a 5dc bobble stitch in the 1st st, sc in the next. Repeat this pattern to the end of the row. The row ends with a bobble (and a sl st). I omitted that sl st in my project. I don't think it is necessary. Ch 1 and turn work.
Row 3: Insert new color. Sc in all stitches across. Ch 1 and turn work.
Row 4: sc in the 1st st. bobble in the next. Repeat pattern to the end. The row ends with a sc.
Row 5: repeat row 1 and so on.

Remember to cut yarn and change color after rows 2 and 4.
Bobble away ...


6 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Maya,
Thanks for sharing this crochet tutorial. I will have to try this. Have a Happy Monday.
Julie

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! I am sure you'll enjoy bobbling away :)

tesselleelle said...

Grazie Maya, penso che vada molto bene per una copertina per la mia nipotina.
Un caro saluto,
Laura

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Laura, I am sure your granddaughter will love the blanket.

Sparky said...

what a great lesson..thank you so much

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad it's helpful :)