Thursday, October 15, 2015

Small Steps in Oya Crochet

 
 



Ever since I wrote this post on oya crochet, I cannot take it out of my mind. Whatever I currently work on (crochet related) it's always there, at the back of my mind, quietly reminding me of its existence. So to please the gentle urge I dabbled a little with thin crochet threads and miniature hooks and I made these tiny flowers and leaves which I will try to include in the big project I talked about.

I already have a necklace design in mind and I cannot wait to find some free time to bring it to life, but when I do, you'll be the first one to see it!

Don't forget to visit tomorrow. I have something interesting to show you!




6 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So pretty. Everything you make is beautiful. xoxo su

handmade by amalia said...

What lovely crochet, Maya, and I also like the pretty embroidery in the background.
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Su! That'so sweet of you!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Amalia!

CLB said...

I would really like to learn oya crochet. Tig oya is embroidery isn't it? And oya is for crochet, right?

Maya Kuzman said...

I am no expert Chris, but I know that tig oyalari is the whole phrase and it means lace trim /border crochet.