Friday, December 18, 2015

Clay Jewels Necklace DIY

 
 
 


Phew! Finally Friday! And I've got the perfect weekend project for you.

I used to make a lot of clay jewelry in the past and recently got the urge to return to clay and once my favourite way of making necklaces.

I call these clay jewels. They. are. adorable.

 
 
I have never used fimo to make them, so this was a chance to try it. I made both polymer clay and ordinary clay (no bake) jewels / beads.
 
What you need:
1.
> Polymer / Ordinary clay
> Tempera paints (other paints maker's choice)
> Nail polish
> Toothpicks
(>sequins, seed beads)
 
2. Cut small chunks of clay and work to make soft. When warmed up - make a round bead and then squish it and turn it a bit to make it irregular and twisted in shape. 
 
Mind not to make thin edges, and those will be made if you squish it right, because they will chip.
 


3. When done, make a hole with a toothpick, decorate the fimo ones (I added sequins) and let the others air dry (unless you have a clay that needs baking). Bake the fimo.

4. When dried, paint the beads, let dry and afterwards apply nail polish.

 
And that's it.
 
String the beads and make unique necklaces! These make lovely last minute gifts you can make for Christmas.
 
 
 


 

10 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

A fun idea! We have a trip planned this weekend so of course it's raining :-)
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Cannot escape from Murphy :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What cute handmade necklaces you made Maya! I see you have been very crafty lately. Enjoy the weekend.
Julie

homemade@myplace said...

the one with the polka dots ..... awwwww !!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Divya N said...

I hate working with clay as I have cold hands and cant seem to make them smooth and perfect. I always seem to make them into lumps with cracks in them. so this project seems perfect for me - for they look pretty cute and a lot of fun

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie. Happy weekend!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thanks Ale:)

Maya Kuzman said...

With this project I loved working more with ordinary clay than fimo. And I think they are prettier too

SiriMeraKaur said...

This looks like a great craft for kids and a great diy gift too. Definitely gonna put this in my plans. Thanks for sharing, saw this on SITS!.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for dropping by :)