Saturday, September 10, 2016

Lily Pad, Butterfly and May Blossom Necklace Pattern - Thumbelina Collection {Summer}

 
 
 
 


It took me a while to make the continuation of my Thumbelina collection, but since summer's end is not due for a couple of weeks' time, I didn't hurry to publish this pattern.

This necklace pattern was inspired by the summer of the story. It takes as a focal point Thumbelina's escape from the obnoxious toad on a lily pad, pulled away by a butterfly and I also added a May blossom flower which is actually the name Thumbelina is given when she meets the fairy prince.

For those of you who have missed the idea behind this project, here's the summary: The Thumbelina Collection is composed of 12 crochet pendant patterns - 3 for each season and each featuring a different design and carrying its own part of the story.

Check out the first three patterns here.

Buy the lily pad necklace pattern here.




12 comments:

Divya N said...

Such a cute necklace and is nice to see pastel colors in summer rather than the usual bright colors

Alhana said...

So delicate! I love the lily pad and the butterfly. ♥

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you! Me too :)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

You made such a beautiful crocheted necklace. :)

Cream Linen said...

What a clever idea to create a necklace inspired by a fairy tale!
I love the colours and the concept.
Have a lovely week.
Tina x

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Tina! You too!

Rose said...

Love It... it means change of the season to me!!
Rose, xx

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Rose! Nicely put!

Mary K. said...

Such a lovely necklace Maya. I really like how you can tell a story and then put it on a necklace. And that story is crocheted. I never thought of crocheting as a storyteller, but now I'll have to reconsider and see things in a new light. Thanks for the sweet inspiration.

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Mary! Thank you so much! I have always been much into storirs and I find it quite entertaining and fulfilling using crochet as the medium to retell the story.