Friday, January 13, 2017

Crochet Flower Motif - free pattern

 
 
 
 
I don't know about you guys, but I just blinked, and lo and behold it is Friday. Where has this whole week gone?
 
What I have prepared for you as a weekend project and my this one's as easy as it is cute, is this lovely flower motif. Maybe you who stick with me since ancient times remember the tubes I made eons ago. Well, I kept some for myself and decided to dress one up.
 
So this is the pattern for the flower motif. It can be made in (maybe less) than 10 minutes - it is so easy. I used sport cotton yarn and my beloved 1.9mm hook.
 
Let's go with the Flower Motif Pattern. Although I use the term round - this regards half rounds. Just saying.
 
Ch 6 and join to make a ring. (pic 1)
 
Round 1:
In ring, ch3 (counts as the first dc) next dc18 - there should be a total of 19 dcs. (pic 2)
 
Round 2:
Ch3, sk the 1st st, dc in the next two st. Ch3, sk 1 and repeat (making 3 dcs - pics 3+4+5). Repeat the pattern to the end of round.
 
 
 
Round 3:
Ch 3 and dc2tog (pic6), ch 4, sc on chain, ch4 more (pic 7), repeat pattern from beginning (pic 8).
 
 
 
Round 4:
Ch 5, sc in chain. Repeat this pattern for the whole round.  
 
 
 
 
You can attach a metal chain to it and make it into a lovely pendant necklace. As I said before, I used one of my tubes - if you want to make it, the pattern for it is here.
.
 
 
 
I sewed it at the center and added seed beads to outline the motif. Didn't want the tube bare, so I sewed some of the seed beads along with tiny wooden tubes / cylinder beads in a scattered like pattern to make it more attractive. Needless to say I am quite happy how it turned out.
 
 

 
 
Hope you make something with the motif.
Happy weekend!

12 comments:

admirartem said...

Hi Maya,
this tube necklace is amazing! I love crochet jewels and I think your piece is really beautiful. I also like your idea to sew some beads all around. Thank you very much for your tutorial. Have a nice weekend!

myrica said...

The necklace is so pretty and my favourite colour.
I wish you a nice weekend

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Lilah, I started making them back in 2011 and must say they look more attractive when adorned with something, so I might try adding a bit of freshness to the others
I have.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Myrica. Wishing you a nice weekend too!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That is such a pretty crochet necklace you made! :)

A Crafty Mix said...

That's so pretty Maya. I love crocheted things, they're so timeless but I've never learnt how to do it. Your tutorial looks really easy to follow. I might just give it a go. Thank you so much

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Michelle! Coming from a crochet/knitting appreciated background, when it comes to adorning something my mind wanders to lacey crochet pieces immediately, and I must agree with you on the fact that they really are timeless.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, you are so very clever, Maya. I love this necklace. The motif looks lovely in the centre of the tube and the beads really do add that perfect touch to the tube. Now all I have to do is learn to crochet. =)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you on the sweet comment Kim!

handmade by amalia said...

This is lovely, Maya, and I especially like the bead work, a wonderful finishing touch.
Amalia
xo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's gorgeous!