Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Mini Crochet Eggs & Nest Pattern



 
 
My kids love it when Easter decorations, especially eggs, come in variety of colors, so you can imagine the rainbow in the kitchen when it is time to dye those eggs. However, I wanted to enrich this year tablescape (or dresserscape - as I like to decorate my dressers too) with mini crocheted eggs and nests that I will scatter around (the dresser) and I also wrote the pattern so you guys can make them too if you like.
 
 
For the eggs I used (as always) sport yarn and a 1.9 mm hook.
 
Mini Egg Pattern:
Ch 4 and join to make a ring.
Round 1: Sc 5 in ring.
Round 2: sc2 in each stitch (10).
Round 3: sc1 in all stitches (10).
Round 4 to (almost the) end: sc2tog
 
I don't actually sc2 to the end. I leave the last 2-3 st. I cut the yarn and sew those last st together at the top, tie a knot and hide the yarn inside the egg.
 
Nest Pattern:
For the nest I used a DK yarn and a 3 mm hook.
Ch 5 and join to make a ring.
Round 1: Sc 6 in ring.
Round 2: sc2 in each stitch (12).
Round 3 - 4: sc1 in all stitches (24).
When done, cut yarn, thread through a needle, tie a knot and weave through work.
 
Both patterns are very easy and you can get many of the eggs and nests in no time. For bigger nests and eggs use chunky(-ier) yarn and adequate hook.
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

This is adorable, Maya, and I love the pretty colors. Thanks for the tutorial.
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Amalia! You are welcome :)

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

No easter decorations up here. I prefer spring decorations in general. Easter is just a few days, no need getting stressed about it. I do like to see those sweet chicks and rabbits, but no-one in my man-dominated household misses them (they already have to put up with my flowers, my romantic and boho spleen, and roses, etc.). And truth be told: As I'm Belgian, the only eggs on the Easter Table are dark chocolate ones (and never last long) ;-)
Have a great day,
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

Haha.. we won't mind chocolate eggs in large quantities!
When it comes to traditions I am hard core :)

Divya N said...

The last picture with the little chick and the eggs scattered around is super cute bringing a smile to my face

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

This is one of the sweetest things I've come across! What a beautiful idea to create a miniature version as home decor. Pinned for next year.
I am running a year long Granny-Spiration Challenge, and would love if you came and linked up with us :) There’s also a yarn giveaway going on right now. It can be found here: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-granny-spiration-challenge.html

A Crafty Mix said...

You're so talented when it comes to making something beautiful Maya. These little crocheted Easter eggs are adorable. Hope you have a lovely week and a belssed Easter

A Crafty Mix said...

Oops sorry about the typo ;-)

Kate said...

Too cute for words, Maya! :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Michelle! I always try to make my projects pleasing to the eyes. Glad you like these tinies :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kate!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alexandra! That is so sweet of you! I rarely participate in challenges due to excess of obligations, but I will certainly visit to see what others linked to.