Wednesday, May 10, 2017

DIY Gifts: Crafter's Garland

 
Crafter's Garland
 
 
Hello! This is a fine day to do some light crafting, don't you agree?

A picture I picked up on the internet stuck with me and I just had to try it for myself. It was of a garland with sewing supplies and I thought it is the perfect gift one can make for a crafter friend. And I rolled my sleeves up...

For this garland I used metallic thread spools and colorful wooden beads. It could also be made with buttons, embroidery floss (note the tiny skeins I made above), sewing thread accompanied with some whimsical pendants like a sewing machine or scissors. I believe every crafter would enjoy this kind of a gift.

Garland for crafters

 
 

9 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Well, I certainly would enjoy this kind of gift! Guess you would too, wouldn't you, dear Maya? This kind of gift would be very thoughtful for a change (people tend NOT to give me yarn, cause they think I most probably have enough and this kind of gift might not be very special - ARE THEY KIDDING!!!????)
Have a great day,
Marjan

Divya N said...

Its an interesting Idea. Though I would wear a miniature version of it as a necklace too

Alhana said...

I can assure you this is a great gift for any crafter since I got one some years ago and I was delighted! A necklace with crafting tools as pendants would be nice too. :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

I certainly would Marjan! And I agree. No knitter/crocheter ever admitted having too much yarn :)

Maya Kuzman said...

The actual spools are small. So a necklace is quite doable :)

Maya Kuzman said...

There you go. A proof that it's a fantastic gift :)

Stephanie Abbott said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at To Grandma's House We Go.

The Charm of Home said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Mary K. said...

Maya I would love something like this as a gift. after all a girl can never have enough craft supplies. I also like your new header and that you put your name up on top!